// 10th Anniversary Campaign
SongwritingWith:Soldiers held its first retreat in October 2012 near Fort Hood, TX with eight veterans. We have been working on a very modest budget, but the ratio of SW:S resources to impact is unprecedented. Overall impact from 2012-2021 nearly 60 weekend retreats held; 550+ attendees, expanding to 2-3 family members and subsequently to 3-5 peers, bringing a total number of community members impacted to more than 6,000. In addition, we have served 1,000+ combat veterans through SW:S Collaborative Songwriting programs through a partnership with the Warrior PATHH program.
As we celebrate our 10th anniversary in 2022—we will fulfill our strategic multi-year plan to deepen our overall development and organizational growth.
In considering our potential as a nonprofit organization to effect positive change in the lives of vulnerable veteran populations, we are seeking multi-year funding commitments (through 2023) to build capacity and strengthen our future programming efforts by increasing organizational sustainability and scale life- changing programming to reach additional veterans and their families.
Capacity-building can mean many things for nonprofits. At this juncture, for SW:S it means investing in:
- Weekend Retreats that use SW:S Collaborative Songwriting and creative applications grounded in the tenets of positive psychology led by master artists trained within the SW:S model.
- Post-retreat materials and offerings in which participants are sent home with tools to continue to explore their innate creativity and allow alumni to have something tangible to share with their family, friends, and community; and post-retreat calls that reinforce rich connections, bring positive memories back from the weekend.
- PATHH support expansion with our partner to provide revenue stability and provide a scalable program with the SW:S Collaborative Songwriting module embedded.
The SW:S Team
- Curriculum and Training designed to cultivate resources to develop and train new teams result in true organizational scalability.
- Organizational Strength by building our organizational foundation to be sustainable with adequate working capital in the form of unrestricted operating support which allows us to add key staff and resources to be responsive to the needs of the population we serve.
Evidence-Base Applications and Outcomes
- Strengthen our Collaborative Songwriting programs by continuing our successful research partnerships with major institutions and veteran service organizations and refining our offerings to identify the most impactful partners to scale outcomes of the Collaborative Songwriting programs.
- Further develop and apply Positive Psychology/Post Traumatic Growth (PTG) applications and assessments for use in our unique target populations, help further the science of building strength and resilience
Outreach and Community
- Cataloging, sharing content from the treasure trove of more than 400 soldier songs documented in music, photos, video, and lyrics, and translating them to become a collective forum to spark healing in conflict zones around the world.
- Community events/performances that create ways to advance the music and build connections around the globe to help foster our work, expand our social and digital resources to tell SW:S stories to global audiences, and secure high profile ambassadors to bring greater attention to our work.
- Bridging Communities through a curriculum for discussion groups, civilian and military alike that would bring a greater understanding and support for the challenges faced by our returning service members.
To learn more about our future plans and support our 10th Anniversary Campaign contact:
Kristin Starling, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
REFLECTIONS ON CREATIVITY
Our 2021 compilation book features stories that show the impact of creativity. We continue to document the long-tail of the stories behind the songs to give insight into the power of our mission to build creativity, connections and strengths.
REFLECTIONS VOLUME ONE
In 2020 we published our first compilation book of stories to share publicly with permission from these participants. This documents the stories behind the songs to give insight into the power of building creativity, connections and strengths.
Coming in October 2022
"Pillar Of Peace" performed by Will Kimbrough
632 Fogg Street, #8
Nashville, TN 37203
Let's stay in touch!
Sign up for our newsletter.
© 2022 SongwritingWith:Soldiers, Inc,, a nonprofit, 501c (3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible. Tax ID # is 26-1626709.
SongwritingWith:Soldiers transforms lives by using collaborative songwriting to expand creativity, connections and strengths.
If you or a veteran you know is in need of other assistance beyond the programs of SW:S, please call the confidential Veteran's Crisis Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK or dial 911. If you are in need of immediate help or if this is an emergency, please go to your nearest emergency room or dial 911.